Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe : Hey Foodies! Here we’re with our very first recipe in our latest category – The Taste Palate where we talk all things food. You must’ve heard people saying that food is their love and it sure is. Food is there when you’re happy, when you’re sad, when you celebrate and even when you’re regretting things.
Let us enter heaven and be ready to lick our fingers with the flavors of sour, sweet, salt and whatnot. Starting off with the first recipe of the series.
The Quarantine period has led us to explore the “Sanjeev Kapoor” inside each one of us. When we were sitting inside and missing food, the internet came to our rescue and gave us recipe scripts to try out things that we miss a lot, from Gol Gappe to Momos, from coffee to cakes, from pasta to pizza! And I believe that some of you may have love for Gulab Jamuns too. I recently tried a healthy and better-tasting version of Gulab Jamuns, which I would love to share and want you to fulfill your cravings. So here we go!
GULAB JAMUN (USING BREAD)
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
- Brown bread/ White bread – 8 pieces
- 2 Tbsp Milk Powder
- ½ Cup Full Cream Milk (You can use any type of milk, but full-fat milk gives it a softer texture)
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar (You can add more if you have a sweet tooth)
- Olive Oil or any Cooking Oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- The first step is to cut the roasted sides of bread slices and add the bread to the mixer grinder. Blend it into crumbs.
- Add the milk powder, milk and sugar. Crumble and make a soft dough using oil.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Until the dough gets set, take a saucepan and add 1 cup of sugar with 2 cups of water to make Chashni or sugar syrup.
- Add cardamom powder to the syrup and bring it to boil. Make sure it is not too thick in consistency, otherwise, it will again turn into a hard sugar coat.
- Now, put some oil in a separate pan and heat it well.
- Take the dough and make balls according to the size you like. I would suggest you to make smaller balls as they are easy to fry and will get cooked properly.
- Make sure there are no cracks in the balls.
- Now, deep fry your jamuns on medium heat until they turn golden brown.
- Immediately dip your jamuns in the sugar syrup and give them a boil.
- Now, let your jamuns rest in the syrup for almost 2 hours before you actually swallow them.
- They will double up in size.
- Now, serve them with ice-cream or garnish them with nuts, eat them as you like them!
There are your jamuns in front of you, made with love and simple available ingredients. Do try the recipe and share the love with your family. This quarantine makes you a cook and proves there are better versions of things. Give a bright side to the darker shades of this lock-down and enjoy the Gulab Jamuns.
DU Express is now on Telegram! Subscribe to our channel (@DUExpressIndia) today to stay updated with all the campus news, content around college life, admission information, event updates & much more 24×7. Click here to subscribe and stay updated!