Hey you foodies! so here we are again with another mouthwatering recipe for you sweet tooths! chocolate donuts!! I am sure in this quarantine we all are missing a lot of food we used to go out and eat and surely everyone loves Dunkin donuts but no worry fellas because here we have for you an easy recipe for homemade donuts.
- All-purpose flour (maida) – approximately 3 cups
- Powdered sugar – Approximately 3/4th cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder- 1/2 tablespoon (if you have ENO then you can skip both baking soda and powder and add ENO instead.)
- Pinch of salt
- Vinegar/lemon juice – one tablespoon approx. (as per availability)
- Oil/melted butter- 3 tablespoons
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Chocolates – 2 bars would do ( you can use dark, milk or white chocolate as per your choice, I used dairy milk and it turned out to be really delicious!)
- Miscellaneous – large bowl, small bowls, donut cutter, whisk, measuring cup, spoons, etc.
- take a bowl and add all the dry ingredients to it in the order as follows: all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder, lemon juice or vinegar, and a pinch of salt. mix all the dry ingredients well with the help of a whisk or spoon.
- now to this dry mixture, add 1 cup of milk and mix it well with the mixture.
- now start kneading the mixture properly so it is made into a dough, for this add 1/2 cup of water and some more milk if required.
- knead the dough for at least 15 minutes.
- when the dough is properly kneaded, add 3 tablespoons of oil or melted butter as per your convenience. you can also add both. knead the dough again so that the oil mixes well with the dough.
- apply some more oil on the outside of the dough, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave the dough for at least one hour.
- after an hour, remove the cloth and knead the dough again for at least 15 seconds.
- take out a portion of the dough and roll it on a rolling pin, make sure you apply a little oil on the base so that the dough does not stick to it.
- do not roll it too thin since the donuts will not turn out to be fluffy.
- take a donut cutter or a steel bowl to cut the circular shape, for the center portion one can use a bottle cap if you do not have equipment for it.
- heat some oil in a frying pan on medium flame to make sure that the donuts don’t get over fried.
- after cutting out the donuts from the dough, fry them on medium heat. keep rolling over the donuts to ensure proper frying from both the sides.
- Once the color of donuts changes to light brown take out the donut and keep it aside.
- after all the donuts are fried prepare the chocolate ganache. for this, melt the chocolates and add a little milk to it to make slightly thinner.
- dip one side of the donut in the chocolate ganache and take it out gently. do the same for all the donuts. keep them in the refrigerator for a few minutes so that the chocolate coating solidifies.
- Also, if you do not have chocolate, you can also use powdered sugar for coating the donuts.
Now take out the donuts from the refrigerator and take a bite of the soft and chocolaty delight! but make sure to click a picture before you finish them all!
Image Source – The Leaf by Nutrisystem