DU Admissions 2017 : Delhi University introduced 7 new Vocational Courses last year that includes different specializations in different sectors such as Software Development, Printing Technology, Banking Operations and Health Care Management.
Unlike last year,this year admission to these courses will be done on cut-off basis along with other Undergraduate Courses.
These are the courses along with their respective colleges:-
|Kalindi College||B.Voc. Printing Technology|
|B.Voc. Web Designing|
|Jesus and Mary College (JMC)||B.Voc. Healthcare Management|
|B.Voc. Retail Management & IT|
|¬†Ramanujan College||B.Voc. Software Development|
|B.Voc. Banking Operations|
|Maharaja Agrasen College||Advanced Diploma in TV Programme and News Production|
It may be noted that the course being offered at Maharaja Agrasen College is a two-year advanced diploma course, while rest of all courses are three-year duration B.Voc. full time degree courses like other Undergraduate Courses.
Things You Should Know:-
- For admission to B.Voc only,related vocational subjects¬†may be treated at par with academic/elective subjects and up to two vocational subjects, which are in relationship with the course of study, may be included for calculating the ‘best four’.
- There are 50 seats in each of the course and admissions will be based on cutoff, to be declared by the colleges.
- Candidates of vocational studies will earn a diploma on successful completion of the first year studies and an advance diploma on completion of the second year.
- On completion of six semesters, students will get a full time bachelor’s degree in vocational studies.
- Vocational studies students will also get industrial training for which the university and colleges have identified companies and PSU’s from where experts will interact with the students.
Considering the need for vocational studies and moving away from the traditional arts, commerce, and science stream courses, UGC had¬† given a go-ahead in 2016 to a three-year B.Voc. courses for specializations in different fields.
How To Apply:-
During the course selection step in the registration process, Vocational Course category is given on the right corner from which you can select as many choices as you can
(as shown in the image below)
P.S. “Never be afraid to try something new, because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know”