The University of Delhi will release its second cut-off list today and the admissions would begin from Monday, October 19, 2020. Colleges will release their second cut-off lists today and the same would then be released by the University of Delhi on du.ac.in.
As per the information shared by colleges, most of the seats in Top DU University of Delhi’s colleges have been filled. For instance, 900 of the 965 seats on offer by Hindu College have been filled. Hansraj College reported that out of the 1714 seats 1294 have been filled already. Arts courses have recorded the highest amount of enrollments with the exhaustion of seats in Political Science and History courses.
The admission for the University of Delhi’s second cut-off will begin from 10 am on 19 October, 2020 and will close at 5 pm on 21 October, 2020. The second cut-off list will be available on the official site of the University of Delhi. Students who have already enrolled in any college of The University of Delhi will have the option to change the college after the second cut off is released. The candidates will have to cancel their admission before changing the colleges. To cancel the admission and to change the college easily, candidates will have to follow some simple steps which are mentioned below:
COLLEGE CHANGING PROCESS:
1. Withdraw the previous admission: The first step to change the college is to withdraw the admission candidate has taken earlier in any of the University of Delhi affiliated colleges. To do so, the candidate should download the cancellation form available on the official site of University of Delhi (du.ac.in). After downloading the form the candidate should fill in the details carefully.
2. Cancellation Fee Payment: Once the candidate has withdrawn the admission details, he/she is required to pay the requisite admission cancellation/withdrawal fee. A nominal fee of Rs.1000 would be imposed for each withdrawal. Once the candidate withdraws his/her admission, the fee paid by him/her minus Rs 1000 would be credited in the candidate’s wallet and the same would be adjusted in the subsequent course or college where the candidate is seeking admission.
3. Download the confirmation page: Once the candidate has withdrawn the admission, she/he can then download the confirmation page.
4. Select New College and Course: After downloading the confirmation page, the candidate can now select the college and course by logging into the official website. The candidate is required to fill in the credentials carefully. After logging in, select the college and course depending upon your choice, provided that he/she meets the cut off requirements. Remember, the candidates will be allowed to choose only one course in one college provided he/she satisfy the cut-off of the respective college for the selected courses.
5. Document Verification and payment of fees: After applying for the desired course and college, the document verification process would be conducted at the time of admission. Once the document verification process is done, candidates can claim the seats by paying the fees.
As per the official notification of the University of Delhi, the procedure for choosing the course and the college by the applicant must be completed within the stipulated time interval as notified in the cut-off schedule of the University. In case a college rejects/declines your application, you can apply for a course and a college, again!
For all DU Admissions 2020 updates, click here.
Featured Image Credits: DNA INDIA