On 8th June, a fire broke inside the computer lab of Ram Lal Anand College of Delhi University. The Delhi Fire Services (DFS) was informed about the fire at 11:40 AM and they were able to control it by 12:25 PM.
Due to the lockdown, there weren’t many people present in the building and thus, no one was injured. According to the Principal of the college, Mr. Rakesh Gupta- 38 out of 40 computers were damaged due to the fire; and two rooms were absolutely on fire. The cause of the fire was identified to be short-circuiting in the air-conditioner. He further mentioned that the lab was opened by a staff member for cleaning purposes, who also turned the AC on.