Making way to one of the most prestigious universities is only the first step towards the journey that awaits you. During the course of graduation, one should always try and venture into the real working environment in order to kickstart their career and overall development. Are you a student starting out with limited to no-experience?
Well, here’s a guide to help you steer towards getting all the desired internships:
1. Know Your Degree And Interests – You don’t have to go applying to every other internship vacancy that pops up to you. Sending your application for all the roles you come across will not really help you, but will rather leave you puzzled. Narrow down the options on the basis of your course and the things that may interest you to work at.
2. Aim Moderate – Beginning as fresher, don’t try to strike a big shot at a go, you may tumble. Explore small organizations and volunteer work to gain experience. Look for something that is impactful both for your career, interests and resume.
3. Suitable Sites – Smart is the applicant who identifies the right places to look at. Keep a timely check on verified job sites to get updated about the latest vacancies and prepare accordingly.
4. Placement Cells – Use your college resources and links as much as you can. Stay tuned with your college placement cells as they receive various queries for interns and you may end up landing upon a good opportunity .
5. Framing Resume – Form a resume which is expressive, engaging, and yet simple, since the document should showcase everything you have got to offer the organisation and the position you are applying for. Cover letter is a must and should be customised each time you send your application across.
6. Social Media Handles – Create and connect on networking sites such as LinkedIn. It may enhance your chances to get your dream internship.
7. Conquer Confidence – Be positive, alert, present (physically as well as mentally), and confident during interviews. Don’t forget to follow-up and leave a concluding proposal .