Maybe it’s not about the happy ending. Maybe, it’s about the story.
The Joust 2018 was by far,the best edition of the Joust. With a participation of around 400 delegates from various schools and colleges across the Delhi NCR, the event was a sight to behold! With 7 committees running simultaneously and the overwhelming participation of candidates, the event was a carnival in itself.The grandeur of the 2 day event ensured, that people left with a huge bag full of memories and experiences.
1. The All India Political Parties Meet (AIPPM) with the agenda “Reviewing the policy for women and child safety in India”, had more than 100 participants actively discussing the political discourse of the various political parties. The Executive Board included Mr. Aniket Basu as moderator and Mr. Abhinav Narayan Jha as deputy moderator.
2. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) had representatives of various countries discussing the agenda of Environmental Governance and Green Economy, hoping that it proves to be an eye opener for the society and helps in making a difference. The President was Ms. Syeda Sana, Vice President, Mr Lakshay Talwar and Rapporteur was Mr. Rama Verma.
3. The World War Continuous Crisis Committee having the agenda “Classified”, took people back in time, making them reconsider the various events that took place during that time.¬† Headed by experienced and intellectual EB,Mr. Govind Goel as Supreme Alied Commander and Mr. Prabhav Singh as Crisis Director.
4. Inkspill : The creative writing competition which gave people an all new arena of thinking and creativity, was also a successful initiative. It witnessed¬† participation of all the brain stormers from the region.The judges were Ms. Smriti Verma, Ms. Srishti Gupta, Mr. Areeb Ahmed and Ms. Soumya Vats.
5. Slammed : The poetry competition that took place was an event worth witnessing. It was a treat to watch the budding poets expressing themselves so beautifully.The judging panel included Ms. Aparajita Deb and Ms. Aashna Bhargava.
6.The Press : A photography and journalism event that had active participation and recieved great reviews.The committee was headed over by Mr. Rajat Dhiman and Mr. Mrinal Tomar.
7. Tarksangram : The highlight of Joust 2018 was this Hindi debate that incorporated the best of speakers and the strongest points.The core adjudication panel included Ms. Naincy Catherine, Mr. Ali Yawar,¬† Mr. Anurag Singh Shekhar,¬† Mr. Pratyush Kumar Singh and Ms. Anandita Singh Bhada.
The event was a great success and the support of each and every member was very vital.