With the commencement of yet another year & yet another decade, people must be indulging in retrospection and reconsidering their life choices. New Year’s resolutions are the perfect opportunities for people to make things right or at least better in their lives. Now’s your chance to prepare a list of changes that you want to bring about in your lifestyle. Since most of us fail to stick to resolutions, thus we could be of great help in helping you make a list of doable resolutions.
Here are some very common but life-changing New Year’s resolutions for you to make and stand by throughout the year.
- GET FIT, GET HEALTHY AND START EATING HEALTHIER FOOD: To get fit and get healthier, one doesn’t necessarily have to take an over-expensive gym membership. You can easily start exercising at home or start any fitness regime given on the Internet. Start eating healthier food and control emotional eating in the name of peer pressure/ work stress/ personal life issues. Your body should not suffer for anything or anyone.
- TAKE SOME TIME OUT FOR YOURSELF: With capitalism at its peak, economic slowdown and political distress we are nothing but mere puppets in the hands of Government, our bosses, our seniors, and anybody and everybody on whom our lives depend. So, a little time for yourself during the week to think over these problems, to find solutions to it or to just relax for a while would not do any harm. Make 2020 a mentally relaxing year instead of burdening yourself with things that might or might not matter ten years down the lane. After all, in the end, it’s all about you.
- STOP PROCRASTINATING: Procrastination. We all tend to do it over and over again. Procrastination seems to be okay but is the cause of most of our problems. We end up lazifying and not getting up to do things that need our attention; thus ending up in a pickle. So this year, go finish that book you bought a year ago, do that course your senior suggested, study for that exam you know is important but you don’t realize it yet and most of all stop procrastinating procrastination! P.s- Our dear fellow procrastinators, you know what I mean.
- IMPROVE YOUR SKILLSET BY ADDING A NEW ONE: Course books can never be enough for anybody’s all-round development. In order to bring about a new change in your own self, you need to improve your cognitive capacities. There are a lot of ways to do that. From apps to offline classes, from courses to training programs, you can do anything that relates to your choice and improve your skillset.
- DO SOMETHING FOR THE SOCIETY: Man is a social being and has to co-exist to survive in this society. For years we have been getting a lot from society and now is our pay-back time. If monetary help is out of your reach, you can easily volunteer for any NGO striving towards a social cause. In addition to that, you can spread social awareness so that more and more people start contributing to their surroundings and the problems that come with it.
- STICK TO THE HABITS YOU’VE DEVELOPED: It’s said if you keep doing a thing for 21 days straight, VOILA! On the 22nd day, a habit is developed. Well, it sounds unbelievable and we won’t fool you into this misinterpretation. While it could take a month to form a habit, it could also take a year to accommodate it into one’s lifestyle. So, the key to all this is sticking to the good habits one has developed no matter what until they become you; your natural self.
There can be many more resolutions in addition to the ones stated above. Go ahead make them but do NOT break them. We wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!