Do you love cookies? Or should I say, Subway Chocolate Chunk cookies? And what if I say I can tell you a secret recipe to make the perfect copy of Subway cookies and relish them whenever you want them.
I love Chocolate Chunk cookies and I had to try them out. I couldn’t control my craving and hunger pangs and I laid my hands on this recipe which gives you the perfect texture you want- chewy or crunchy, anyway you like them.
Ingredients: (Makes subway size 12 cookies)
- Melted butter – 100 gms or 1 cup
- Sugar – ¼ th cup
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 (Alternative- 3 tbsp milk)
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – ½ cup (Alternative- Chopped Chocolate same quantity)
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add butter, Sugar and Brown Sugar. Whisk them gently for 2 minutes.
- Now, add egg. If you are using milk, add milk.
- Take a sieve. Sift your flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add them into your wet ingredients.
- Combine them well.
- Now add Salt and Vanilla Essence. Mix well.
- The dough will be slightly dry in the beginning but as you go on mixing it, it will become greasy.
- Now, add chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in your cookie dough.
- Cover the bowl with food wrap or foil paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your baking tray (for oven)or any microwave safe tray (for microwave) and line it with silpat (for oven) or parchment paper (microwave).
- Preheat your oven at 180° for precisely 2:30 minutes.
- Scoop out the dough according to the size that you want for your cookies.
- Leave 1-1.5 inches gap between two scoops of dough for the cookie to expand.
- Bake your cookies at 180°/ 180° on convection mode for 15 minutes.
- If you want crispy cookies, bake them for 16:30 minutes.
- Let your cookies cool down for 5 minutes before you separate from your baking tray.
- Serve them with coffee.
That is all! Believe me, that is all you need to do for subway choco chunk cookies. I bet you will fall in love with the taste, the texture and everything of these cookies. Until next recipe, toodles!