TEDxDTU, one of the capital‚Äôs most awaited TED events, is back with an intriguing array of speakers on 18 March 2017 at Delhi Technological University from 11 AM ‚Äì 7 PM. TEDx events are locally organized conferences licensed under TED, a non-profit organization devoted to ideas worth spreading.
The talks in the event will be centered about the theme ‚ÄòBecause Grey Matters‚Äô.¬† The theme represents the complexity of human lives, minds and situations.A glimpse into the ongoing humanitarian conflicts and socio-cultural debates on the planet attests to the harsh truth that the majority does not lend an ear to the issues of most oppressed people, and hence, they find themselves battling lone wars in the subaltern grey.Advancing technology and innovation emanating from ‚Äògrey matter‚Äô around the world will have to collectively take measures to make our being more sustainable and beings more informed.
The event will display a spectacular set of talks and performances, wherean august panel of speakers will encourage the audience to express themselves articulately by discussing innovative ideas and sharing impactful messages.
‚ÄúTEDx DTU started as a flint with its extraordinary panel of speakers in 2016. This time we‚Äôre innovating at the highest levels to produce an event of global standards which will resonate amongst us all. We will see the reflection of our similarity in our uniqueness.‚Äù- quotes Satyanshu Sapra, Curator ofTEDx DTU 2017.
Catering to the enthusiasm preceding the event, TEDx DTU invites registrations on its website www.tedxdtu.in.
Speakers for TEDx DTU 2017 include distinguished representatives from their respective fields, such as:
- Laxmi Agarwal‚ÄìFounder of Stop Acid Attacks, she is the director of Chhanv and the recipient of the International Women of Courage Award. NDTV chose her as ‚ÄòIndian Of the Year‚Äô.
- Sanjay Aggarwal ‚Äì Managing Director of Fortum (India). His organization works to achieve energy security in India by providing sustainable platforms to do so.
- MadhavGadgil ‚Äì Recipient of Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement. He is a renowned ecologist, academic, writer and columnist. He was conferred with Padma Bhushan in 2006.
- Monica Dogra ‚Äì Singer, dancer, actor, designer, television host, writer and model; she founded the electro rock band Shaa‚Äôir And Func in 2005. She has starred in popular movies including Dhobi Ghat, Rock On and is also the host of The Dewarists, a musical travelogue on MTV India.
- Rishabh Seen ‚Äì World‚Äôs first metal sitar player. He is the founder of Delhi based classical-djent band ‚ÄòMute the Saint‚Äô.
- Baba Rampuri ‚Äì Author of the popular book ‚ÄúAutobiography of a Sadhu: A journey into Mystic India‚Äù. Born William A. Gans, he is the first westerner to become a ‚ÄòNaga Baba‚Äô.
Follow TEDxDTU on:
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)